We here at Spellchek are always interested in the old adage that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Residing in Michigan means we are blessed with the honor of having the largest municipal bankruptcy in the nation in the form of Detroit. There are always those who wish to knock us off our throne however and we continue to be challenged by the entire state of California.
The Blaze has 6 reasons why Detroit might yet be replaced as the worst example of liberalism on display – http://www.theblaze.com/blog/2014/03/17/six-reasons-why-the-entire-state-of-california-is-in-danger-of-becoming-the-next-detroit/#.
1. Union dominance and “doing it for the kids”
2. As a result of union power, unsustainable pensions/mass municipal bankruptcies
3. First in the nation…in taxation
4. Arrested energy development
5. Environmentalism on steroids
6. The “Gubernator” terminated his own agenda
We miss the good old days of the Pistons-Lakers battles as being the best rivalry we had going with California. Now it seems Detroit may not even beat California in the race to the bottom.
So for the rest of you out there, hopefully you’ve learned from our mistakes and forget about that old imitation adage. Here is some advice in song.